Mental Health Support Worker
Longford Road, Bognor Regis
£9.44 per hour (rising to £9.94 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) - subject to April pay review
Various hours available - Full time and part time
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Mental Health Support Worker to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Longford Road is part of the Arun Resettlement Project in West Sussex, offering a mix of short-term accommodation based support and floating support, to adults experiencing mental health issues. We support people to maintain a tenancy and assist with recovery using the Well-being Star (widely regarded tool for supporting with recovery and used by NHS and many other organisations).
If you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Mental Health Support Worker will include:
- Key working and managing a caseload of up to 5 clients
- Assessing and managing client needs and risks
- Housing management tasks such as supporting with client rent, securing move-on accommodation and managing the health and safety of project premises
- Record keeping – updating handover and duty of care
- Answering phone calls and dealing with enquiries
- Some weekend work will be expected
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of working in social care, or with adults with mental health needs
- Previous experience of working with community organisations and signposting to different services
- Experience of managing benefit claims
- The ability to develop and maintain good professional relationships
- Proven ability to react effectively to highly pressured situations
- Strong care and support planning skills
- Previous experience of working in housing is desirable
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, SAP or similar
- You will be interested in continuing your professional development
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
To view the Job Profile, please click here
Closing Date: 23 May 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job