Mental Health Support Worker
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 41 sites strategically placed across England and Wales and we have new vacancies available at our Farmfield Hospital service based just outside of Crawley. At Farmfield we offer low and medium secure services for male patients who have been detained under the Mental Health Act (1983) and who benefit from extended treatment and rehabilitation.
Our Mental Health Support Worker role involves:
• Assisting qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans
• Undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the well-being, dignity and treatment of all patients
• Providing practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities, ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation
• Observing and monitoring the well-being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate
• Developing and maintaining a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors
• Responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries
To be successful as a Mental Health Support Worker, you’ll need:
• To be educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or O-Level/GCSE Grade D-G
• Well-developed observational and listening skills
No experience is required as basic training will be provided.
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• Competitive starting salary + £1500 Welcome Bonus
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Free meals while on duty / free parking
• Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers