Looking for a new Career or a change of environment within the Mental Healthcare sector?
Then look no further!
Cygnet Hospital Blackheath provides inpatient low secure and PICU services for men with a mental health illness.
Cygnet is an equal opportunities employer and as such we are currently actively recruiting male Support Workers for Tyler Ward, our Male PICU service to ensure we maintain a well-represented and diverse workforce. If you are a kind, caring individual and meet the eligibility criteria we would love to hear from you!
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support to the nursing staff on our PICU wardwhich provides assessment and treatment for men who are experiencing an acute period of mental illness.In this role you’ll:
- Offer enhanced care with a flexible learning approach for all our patients
- Work in the hospital area, providing guidance and encouragement to patients through physical and emotional support
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in
- Assist patients with their medical and welfare needs and report as required
- Safeguard patients
- Learn about individuals’ specific needs and provide help in the most appropriate way
- Previous inpatient mental health experience in a challenging and/or an acute setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
- Full training and Induction
- £3000 London location package
- Employee Discount Scheme
- DBS paid
- Regular coaching and support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Subsidised meals on duty
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'