Location: Athelstan House, Southampton
About our Organisation:
At Fair Ways we believe in making a difference through passionate care, support and education. Together we aim to build an institution that makes a difference to society and leaves a legacy greater than ourselves and our contributions. Our values sit at the heart of everything we do; we measure our wealth by the difference we make, rather than the profit we make.
About our exciting Opportunity:
We are looking to recruit zero hour’s bank staff to support our fantastic teams of permanent staff across our 2 residential homes based in Southampton supporting young people requiring mental health support and rehabilitation.
As a bank staff member you are able to select (from the available shifts) hours that work around your schedule. Fair Ways bank staff play a key part in our organisation and are truly valued and appreciated as part of our Fair Ways family. Shifts can cover days, evenings and weekends and potential sleep in’s with substantial shift enhancements offered.
All candidates must have a full driving license and have access to the use of a car. Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS). This disclosure cost will be met by Fair Ways.
About our specialist services:
- Athelstan Place is a 6 bedded residential home located in Southampton that provides a mental health rehabilitation and recovery service for young people transitioning from Tier 4 in-patient services. The care we deliver is based on a community model, with a non-restraint policy, encouraging young people to re-integrate into society whilst being supported in developing successful futures.
- Bridge House is a specialist, low risk, 4 bed independent residential care home for service users aged 16-25 with mental health and/or learning disability needs. The purpose of Bridge House is to deliver effective care and support to young adults who are transitioning to supported housing or to our in house step down services.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively engaging with service users with mental health and diagnosed learning disabilities.
- Establishing, maintaining professional relationships.
- Analysing and therapeutically managing challenging behaviour
- Formulating plans to reduce the likelihood of future similar events.
- Willingness to be involved with the general upkeep of the service including some housework and general duties.
Applicants will ideally possess the following personal skills:
- Proven experience of working in a care setting with service users who have complex health and social care needs, mental health needs and/or a diagnosed learning disability.
- The ability to be a team player confident in working as part of a well skilled, compact, specialist workforce.
- Confidence in undertaking administration duties associated with relevant record keeping.
- A positive 'can do’ approach
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health care as well as child and adult protection policies and procedures.
About our Rewards:
Fair Ways offer a selection of fantastic rewards for our staff including: Employee Assistance Programme, Health Care Scheme*, Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme*, Service based additional annual Leave accrual, Bespoke training department, Education Grant Scheme*, Future Leaders Programme*, Staff Lottery
*Subject to qualifying period
Interested in the vacancy? Apply today! We encourage a diverse workforce and welcome applications from all communities.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'