Are you a dedicated Mental Health Nurse who is committed to improving the lives of those affected by addiction?
Do you want to work within an NHS Trust that prioritises clinical excellence and is a national leader in delivering safe, person-centred and effective care? If the answer to this is 'yes' - read on.
A community-based addictions service in Ashington, central Northumberland, is looking for a motivated and resilient mental health nurse to join the team to support with caseload management and to tackle increasing waiting lists.
The team are looking for the mental health nurse to join them in November 2019 and stay with them until at least April 2020, to manage a caseload of individuals who have a range of addiction issues.
Experience working in Substance Misuse would be a benefit, however it is not an essential requirement; the team would be happy to welcome nurses from a range of backgrounds as long as they demonstrate the patience and compassion required when dealing with this client group. Experience of using RiO (clinical patient management system) would be helpful, but is not essential.
The successful candidate should expect to work 3-4 days per week (7.5hr days) and work a total of 30-37.5hrs per week. The team's opening hours are Monday-Friday, so no weekend work is required.
Pay rates are very attractive for this post, and a full-time mental health nurse will look to earn £41,000 over the course of a year.
This role is a temporary contract, and is available until April 2020 at least, with a strong likelihood of being extended into Summer 2020. The team are also keen to offer temporary staff members permanent positions, so this is a possibility for individuals who are seeking the security of a permanent job.
Advantages of joining Randstad as a Mental Health Nurse include:
- Free accredited training to assist with NMC revalidation
- Access to exclusive high street discounts, as well as discounts on restaurants and leisure
- Employee assistance service providing you with counselling support that is on hand 24/7
- Working for an award winning NHS Foundation Trust, rated 'Outstanding' by CQC
- One dedicated consultant and point of contact to support you 24/7
- Excellent pay rates and benefits - earn £41,000pa working full time hours
Within this role you are likely to work on some/all of the below:
- Covering duty on a rota basis - dealing with any incoming crisis situations and working with patients' care coordinators to ensure that risk is effectively managed
- working with the local CMHT and other elements of the drug & alcohol partnership (Turning Point and Changing Lives)
- delivering harm minimisation/harm reduction advice (training will be provided on this)
- working with individuals who are entering opiate substitution programmes
- working with individuals as they go through the detoxification process
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must meet the below criteria:
- Valid NMC PIN
- Registered Mental Health Nurse qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Nursing consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim or permanent post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place into work.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have available please contact Sarah on , or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'