Mental Health Nurse
Are you a dependable Mental Health Nurse passionate about ensuring children and young people receive seamless, high levels of quality care in the community? If so, a community-based CAMHS team in Barrow in Furness are looking for a Mental Health Nurse like you for at least 3-4 months, to carry out assessments.
If you are an experienced Mental Health Nurse looking to work in a forward-thinking and helpful team, we'd love to hear from you!
You will be working within a solutions focused environment which aims to on provide the best possible outcomes to adolescents and children who are living in the Barrow in Furness and wider South Cumbria area.
As a Band 6 Mental Health Nurse you will be responsible for working with a very vulnerable client group (children and adolescents), working with families, and carrying out assessments on young people who require mental health support in the community.
This post requires the Mental Health Nurse to work between 30-37.5hrs per week, over 4 or 5 days (Monday-Friday).
This role will run until at least November 2018.
The successful CAMHS Nurse will be offered competitive pay rates of up to £32 per hour, depending on levels of experience.
Advantages of working for Randstad as a CAMHS Nurse:
- Refer a Nurse and get a £300 voucher for every one you refer to us who we place into work
- Ultra competitive attractive pay rates and a wealth of work available in both the NHS and private sector
- Free, accredited practical and online training including safeguarding, Mental Capacity Act, infection control etc.
- Dedicated support and assistance with NMC Revalidation requirements
- One committed and dedicated point of contact
As a Mental Health Nurse, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out Mental Health assessments on adolescents and young people aged between 4-18 to inform the basis of a care plan
- Carrying out risk assessments and implementing care plans, with the support of other junior nursing staff.
- Working with colleges and schools to provide advice on how to support children experiencing mental health issues or behavioural issues
- Multi-agency working alongside other teams, such as Child Protection and Looked After Children (LAC) teams, to ensure safe care is provided.
- Completing notes on the electronic patient database system and managing an electronic diary via the same system (RiO)
To be successful in the role, you will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the support and resources available to children/young people linked with CAMHS services
- An understanding of the complexities of providing Mental Health Care to under 18s
- Excellent written and verbal communication with individuals from both a clinical and non clinical background
The minimum requirements for this role are:
- NMC registered
- Nursing qualification (Mental Health)
Randstad Care is a specialist nursing recruitment agency. Our specialist Mental Health consultants work with NHS and private sector teams across England. Whether you are looking for an interim post close to home, or nationally, we are able to assist you with a dedicated point of contact to provide support and guidance.
Do you know a Mental Health Nurse looking for a new role? If so, We offer a fantastic refer a friend scheme, where you could receive £300 in vouchers for every nurse you refer to us who we place, subject to Ts and Cs.
If you wish to apply for this role or would like to discuss any of the other opportunities we have then please contact Ashleigh on , or click Apply below.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
- mental health
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"