Job Title: Mental Health & Well Being Officer
Salary: £29,023 to £33,330
Hours: Monday - Friday
Type of Role - Temp to Perm
Office Angels are proud to be working with an established client in the education sector who are recruiting for a Mental Health & Well Being Officer based in Carshalton.
You must be available immediately as this role will start of as temporary position with a view to go permanent.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing learners disclosing emerging or complex mental health issues at the Pre entry, enrolment or on programme stage and writes effective risk assessments and support plans, where necessary to ensure the safety and wellbeing of this cohort
- Providing high quality counselling and mentoring support as part of the counselling and wellbeing service
- Working with an agreed caseload of learners with emerging or complex mental health conditions to enable them to study more effectively
- Providing workshops to learners with emerging or complex mental health conditions on for example; building resilience, building self-esteem, staying safe etc.
- Acting as the nominated person for referrals from the Student Services team or academic and support staff
- Working in partnership with other internal support services to provide an effective and coherent support offer to learners with emerging or complex mental health conditions
- Raise awareness of mental health issues, by using a range of resources, activities and organising events to reduce stigma and to improve the emotional wellbeing of students and staff
- Delivering an agreed number of staff development sessions on teaching and supporting learners with emerging or complex mental health conditions.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records in accordance with the Group's quality standards, learning support funding requirements, self-assessment, inspections, and skills audit in order to ensure a consistent high quality and cost effective service for learners
- To be available to assist in enrolment and other procedures, which may require occasional evening and weekend work
Professional skills, Experience and Attributes Required:
- A successful and proven track record of effectively assessing, including risk assessing people with emerging or complex mental health conditions
- A successful and proven track record in supporting and mentoring learners with emerging or complex mental health conditions to improve attendance and achieve their educational goals
- Hold a recognised counselling or therapy qualification with current membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
- Hold a recognised qualification in one of the following; counselling or therapy qualification, Mental Health Nursing, Social Work degree or equivalent, Occupational Therapy degree or equivalent, Health and Social Care degree with specialisms in mental health and psychology
- Able to work flexibly throughout the week/over the year by prior agreement
- High level of computer literacy
- Experience working in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams
Apply today, the client is looking for someone to interview immediately and start asap!
Please apply today with your up to date CV
For more information, please contact Joan Collins or Hayley Alderman on or email |
The Small Print
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it isn't always possible. So, if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://candidate-privacy
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'