Support Worker - Newport
Do you have a passion for providing first class support? Are you an experienced Support Worker? We have exciting opportunities available for a care Support Worker role in the Newport area.
You will be based in a residential setting in a lovely semi-rural house on the outskirts of Newport, and is well suited for service users who prefer a more peaceful and tranquil environment. You will work in a nurse-led, highly specialised residential care unit with a dedicated team. The aim is to improve the self esteem and independence of service users with acquired brain injuries, mental illnesses and neurodegenerative conditions.
This is a permanent role commencing as soon as possible. To be considered for this role, experience of working within a similar secure setting in the care sector is preferable, however we are also looking for individuals with vast life experience in general. This role can be extremely physically challenging, therefore you will need to be comfortable in working with a challenging behaviour environment.
- Promoting independence to service users with challenging behaviour.
- Effectively communicating with all clients.
- Supporting service users with day to day activities.
- Remaining organised and professional under pressurised circumstances.
- Completing all care plans effectively.
- Implement effective and creative approaches to problem solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- Qualified in Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care or evidenced experience.
- A valid DBS.
You will be required to work 11.5 hours per shift on a rotational basis between Monday and Sunday (days and nights). This will be generally 14 shifts over 4 weeks.
- Paid training.
- Competitive annual leave.
- Opportunity to work overtime hours with bonus payments.
If you're looking to join a company with fantastic opportunities, competitive salary, working with a friendly team then this could be the role for you. To avoid missing out on such a brilliant opportunity to join a market leader in the area, please apply by either calling or via email
This role is open to receiving applications over the next two weeks. Within 10 days of the closing date, appropriate applicants will be invited to register with Randstad Care.
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job