Lovely, supportive team environment
Well established and stable company in Greater Manchester (northern suburbs)
Long term career opportunity
Cream Soda Recruitment are seeking an experienced Menswear Designer and Ladieswear Designer for our Client; an established and reputable Manufacturer & Importer of Fashion for UK and European high-street retailers.
Key accounts include Zara, Next, Arcadia Group and M&S as well as many premium Fashion Brands.
As Menswear Designer you’ll work closely with the internal team (Account Manager/Import Merchandiser), as well as UK/European retail Buyers and Designers and Factory Management offshore.
You’ll work to Client briefs as well as design and develop your fashion-forward collections/ranges, and use a Crit Path to hit key dates.
Responsibilities of Menswear Designer include:
- Design stylish products ensuring boundaries are pushed creatively
- Develop and source fabrics and trims relevant for the end use
- Add 'newness’ to ranges and improve existing core lines
- Work with our established suppliers to ensure first samples are correct and ready to present to Clients
- Carry out research and inspirational shopping - monthly comp shopping, trade analysis and customer feedback
- Create seasonal mood boards, colour palettes, key element boards in line with seasonal theme and present them to Clients (retail Buyers)
- Produce individual range mood boards, colour palettes & key looks reflecting the theme for the ranges you will be responsible for designing
- Design all over and/or placement prints, appliques, embroideries and embellishments as required
- Use MAC, Illustrator and Photoshop to create easy-to-understand CAD’s and techpacks?
- Participate in all relevant design/sample meetings both in-house and with the Client
- Along with the Import Merchandiser manage the critical path effectively to ensure key dates are hit and on time deliveries
- Some overseas travel may be required to visit factories abroad, nurturing relationships with suppliers and sourcing new fabrics and trims
Minimum requirements for the Menswear Designer:
- Ideally a degree in Fashion Design or similar
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Menswear Designer, designing for high-street retailers
- Global knowledge of fashion and trends
- An excellent understanding of Jersey wear having designed t-shirts, polos, hoodies, trackie pants, shorts, onesies, dressing gowns etc
- Experience designing prints, repeat prints, embellishments, embroideries etc
- Excellent use of MAC and Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop)
- A love of fashion and the desire to design innovative garments
- You’ll be approachable, friendly and an excellent communicator
- You’ll have a positive manner and thrive in a busy environment; able to prioritise your workload to accommodate the needs of your team, the demands of your Clients and understand that tight deadlines need to be met.
- Key Accounts
- Fashion Design
- Mood Boards
- Tech Packs