Memorial Park Manager
Memorial Park Manager
To be directly responsible to the Operations Director for all operational and management aspects of the Memorial Park, and to ensure the provision of a smoothly-run, high quality bereavement service which conforms in all respects with current statutes, local authority regulations and ICCM guidelines, and with company policy.
Administrator/Memorial Sales Consultant, Cremator Operator, Head of Gardens and Grounds Maintenance/Attendant, Organist, Medical Referees.
Registrars (of Death)
PERSON SPECIFICATION CRITERIA
- Ability to communicate effectively in a sensitive, compassionate and confidential manner with customers in person or on the telephone and display a customer-focused approach to service delivery.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, to organise and prioritise workloads and to lead, motivate, develop and train staff.
- Ability to introduce innovations and changes in response to legislative developments and competition.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why equal opportunities is important in employment and provision of services.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why customer care is important in employment and the provision of services.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to follow established statutory and office procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to make and maintain accurate records in legible script and with the use of IT systems.
- Numeracy skills sufficient to monitor budgets and deal with cash handling, recording and banking.
- Ability to understand the uses of information technology, use and input data onto IT systems.
- A knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation as it relates to a crematorium and ensuring appropriate compliance.
OUT OF HOURS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing Memorial Services
- Overseeing funeral services booked for Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holidays.
- Overseeing 24-hour funeral booking facility.
- Overseeing intruder alarm call-out.
1. To be the Crematorium 'proper officer' for its cremation function and in that
capacity to secure the effective implementation of all the statutory duties of the crematorium and all other relevant cremation legislation to ensure the management and control of the crematorium including:
Under Section 17 of the Cremation Regulations 1930 to be the 'proper officer' for the Registration of Cremations at the Crematorium.
To be the 'proper officer' for discharge of the functions required under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and subsequent legislation, reporting any changes necessary to policy, procedure and facilities in order to meet any new or revised statute obligations
- To install, monitor and oversee all systems within the service covering Health and Safety, staff recruitment, appraisals, performance and training in consultation.
3.To ensure, the maintenance of high standards in the upkeep of all areas of the facility especially the chapel, remembrance rooms and gardens of remembrance.
4. To ensure, that all plant and equipment is maintained to a high standard and in accordance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
5. To ensure strict adherence to the 'Requirements relating to cremation’ as laid down by the Institute of Cemetery & Crematorium Management in their 'Guiding Principles’ of the Charter for the Bereaved.
6. To oversee the correct identity, records and safe-keeping of all cremated remains ensuring that final disposal is in line with instructions of the 'applicant’ for cremation.
7. To oversee the keeping of cremation records, as required by statute law, and records with respect to memorialisation using computer software.
8. To assist in the preparing and monitoring of the annual budget and to be primarily responsible for the achievement of its cost and revenue targets.
9. To be responsible for receipting and recording daily income and ensuring its safe custody and arrangements for banking
10. To order supplies as required in line with any standing orders, ensuring value for money, and certifying accounts for payment.
- To oversee the sale of after cremation memorials.
12. To assist personal callers to the crematorium office concerning arrangements for funeral services, advice on memorials and records.
- To verify 'time-sheets' of hours worked by all crematorium staff.
In general, we are looking for an experienced manager / administrator to lead from the front and maintain the high standards set by the existing team at this important public service facility.
- Annual Budget
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Care
- Multi Tasking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"