An opportunity to be a valuable part of the team at a well established crematorium in North Wales.
You will be responsible for adapting to a wide range of duties including the maintenance of the crematorium, crematorium grounds and face to face interaction with bereaved families.
Duties to include:
- To undertake a wide variety of horticultural duties, pruning, dead heading, edging, maintenance of shrubs, planting, grass seeding and grass cutting to a high standard.
- To undertake general grounds maintenance, including laying turf, maintenance and creation of memorial areas, site preparation and construction as necessary
- Routine general maintenance and cleaning, arranging for quotes and periodical servicing of equipment in addition to the care of a range of hand tools and plant
- General cleaning and preparation of the service chapel, cloister, flower room and adjoining accommodation for services and public use
- Attend services, direct funeral directors, mourners and members of the general public
- Act as a pall bearer, both with other crematorium staff and with staff provided by Funeral Directors
- Maintain floral displays in designated areas; allocate specific areas for floral tributes and dispose of flowers and floral tributes as necessary
- Handle enquiries from the general public and funeral directors
- General administration and use of the IT system
Salary £21,000 pa
For further information please call Sue on or send your CV to .
- grounds maintenance funeral care memorial administration customer service computer literate