We’ve got a fantastic opportunity to work with our Membership and Welcome team, helping them to deliver excellent service, and a professional welcome to every visitor, every day. You’ll ensure your team are informative, engaging and know how to promote our membership, helping us deliver our challenging membership targets.
What it's like to work here
Coleton Fishacre, a 1920’s Arts and crafts-style house, with elegant Art Deco interiors which encapsulate the spirit of the Jazz age. With RHS accredited gardens, viewpoints out to sea, paths weave through glades past tranquil ponds, and tender plants from the Mediterranean, South Africa and New Zealand, come and join our team who like our plants, thrive in this unique and sheltered location.
What you'll be doing
Visitors are a vital part of what we do. As a charity, every penny we raise goes back into our continued conservation of our places and spaces. As the supervisor for the membership and visitor welcome team, you’ll lead by example, seizing all opportunities to grow our income at the visitor welcome, from promoting the benefits of our membership, to gift aid and direct debit schemes. You’ll work with the membership team manager to help the team achieve membership targets, as well as delivering your own.
You’ll help coach and motivate the team to ensure a high standard of customer service. You’ll be responsible for the presentation of the visitor reception and making sure the team is always aware of what’s happening at the property that your visitors can enjoy. As a team, you’ll tell your visitors about the amazing work we do and what their money is funding.
Who we're looking for
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to have:
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Experience of working in a retail or tourism environment
- Ability to supervise, inspire and motivate a team
- Confidence working with sales and membership targets
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- Initiative and ability to work alone
- Recruiting and training new team members
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job