Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistants
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it’s your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
We have two positions available for this vacancy; for the first position the successful applicant will be working a total of 700 hours for the duration of the contract, and for the second position the successful applicant will be working 926 hours for the duration of the contract - further details will be discussed at interview.
What it's like to work here
Created as the perfect house in the perfect setting, Berrington Hall has many secrets for visitors to uncover. In this, one of Henry Holland's first houses, visitors can explore the family rooms and see how the servants moved around the house unseen by the family and guests.
The interiors include Biaggio Rebecca ceilings, fine period furniture and there are some pieces on display from the Wade Collection. The house is surrounded by Capability Brown's final landscape. Though it has a slightly austere exterior, the house has delicate interiors and a homely, welcoming feel.
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You’ll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, as well as work to our sales targets. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership at over 100 leisure facilities across the country
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our Retail and Food & Beverage outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'