Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it’s your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
What it's like to work here
Isaac Newton was born in this modest manor house in 1642 and he made many of his most important discoveries about light and gravity here in the plague years of 1665-6. As well as his ground-breaking scientific work, Newton went on to roles as diverse as a Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, President of the Royal Society and Master of the Royal Mint.
The Manor House, his family home, is furnished as a 17th-century farmhouse might have been at this time. You can still see the famous apple tree that inspired his thoughts on gravity from the bedroom window, and explore some of his ideas for yourself in the Science Discovery Centre.
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You’ll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, as well as work to our sales targets. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job