Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistant x 4
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it’s your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
This is a support role so you will need to be able to work weekends, all school holidays and Bank Holidays and end of May through our Rose Season (all of June). Outside of those busy times you may be needed to cover the permanent team's holidays. You will need to be very flexible in your working pattern as, in the busiest weeks, you may be needed to work 4/5 days and then perhaps no days in the quieter weeks. The rota is done a month in advance so you will get 4 weeks notice of your shifts.
Please note this role is on offer for around 400 hours per candidate, however this may vary dependent upon the availability of the individuals.What it's like to work here
Located in the idyllic riverside gardens, between ancient trees, bubbling brooks and rolling lawns Mottisfont is full of surprises. Full of art, and featuring a colorful garden year round, Mottisfont is a popular visitor attraction and the team are always on hand to provide a fantastic experience for all. The wider estate includes 1600 acres of woodland, tenanted farms and Curbridge Nature Reserve, as well as relaxing walks.
Mottisfont is home to a beautiful riverside garden offering a sensory treat with glorious old-fashioned roses which are also left to produce ornamental fruit in autumn and winter.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You’ll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, as well as work to our sales targets. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'