Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistant it’s your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
Due to tides your contracted hours are set as a minimum working requirement, however there is scope for additional hours. Specific working patterns will be discussed at interview. The start date for this role is 15 June 2018.
The role will be predominately based at Lindisfarne Castle however you'll also be covering the admission point at Seahouses Harbor when the business needs.What it's like to work here
The Farne Islands, already one of Europe’s most important nature reserves, attracts a significant number of visitors and extensive media coverage every year. Like Lindisfarne Castle, the islands can act as a portal for a significant number of people, introducing them to the wider coast, the outdoors, and the organisation as a whole. The whole of the Northumberland Coast, renowned for the quality of its beaches and dramatic stretches of unspoilt coastline, offers a sense of freedom and discovery.
Lindisfarne is a tidal island so this does involve crossing a cause way and could include working over a closed tide. Due to the remoteness of the location and the possibility of work across portfolio, being open to travelling and having your own transportation is essential.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You'll be looking after the daily running of our admission hut, admitting visitors by checking membership cards, selling tickets and memberships. Your role will involve confidently selling membership in order to meet daily sales targets, as well as working to sales targets for gift aid on entry, guide books and raffle tickets. You'll keep to high presentation standards of the admission hut and make sure these are at agreed standards at all times. You'll also work alongside our team of castle guides ensuring the smooth operational running of the castle when open. The role will involve reconciling all monies taken during each day; this will involve cash handling and completing a daily till reconciliation.
You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Customer Services
- Ready to Learn
- Cash Handling Experience
- People Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job