Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it’s your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
This role involves regular weekend and bank holiday working.What it's like to work here
Porth y Swnt is an exciting visitor experience showcasing the special qualities which make the Llyn Peninsula so unique in terms of history, culture and environment. It’s a place to explore, learn, reflect and enjoy a glimpse of what Llyn is all about, as well as get ideas for activities, walks, attractions and things to do on the peninsula. Porth y Swnt, along with the Henfaes car park, is a busy National Trust hub in the centre of Aberdaron. We work closely with local communities through school visits and events and offer visitors a base to get involved with a variety of activities. From exploring the visitor experience, kayaking or walking the coastal footpath, to joining in with rockpooling on the beach, giving the Welsh language a go, or heading out on a guided bike ride; you'll be promoting all these things and more to make sure all our visitors have an amazing time in the area.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You'll help to deliver the day to day operations at Henfaes and Porth y Swnt (car park and visitor experience) including managing visitor flow and ensuring a warm and relaxed welcome at visitor reception points. You'll develop and maintain good working relationships with local communities, neighbouring businesses and organisations.
You’ll be asked to confidently sell membership, as well as collecting admission fees, use tills and provide accurate financial returns. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. You'll develop an outstanding knowledge of Porth y Swnt visitor experience, Aberdaron and the Llyn Peninsula. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
You'll actively promote and be involved with a variety of activities and events for a broad range of visitors including families and children, creating lasting memories and encouraging repeat visits to sites across the National Trust.
You’ll also ensure high standards of presentation across the site, carrying out litter picking and cleaning tasks.Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing excellent customer service. We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent customer service skills and experience of working face-to-face with customers
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Are fluent in Welsh and English
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do, flexible and adaptable attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some basic record keeping and cash handling experience
- Some knowledge of the Porth y Swnt visitor experience and local knowledge of the Llyn Peninsula
- The capability to work towards targets
- The ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to respond calmly to various pressures, difficult situations and complaints
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Customer Service
- Handling Cash
- Ready to Learn
- Fluent Welsh and English
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job