We are seeking an experienced administrator with the skills and organisational drive necessary to support our clients needs.
We are a dedicated association management company offering the not for profit sector full support in the administration and other specialist services. The wide range of services available ensures that the client organisation gets the support that it requires and fulfils its legal obligations allowing trustees and directors to concentrate upon the organisations core objectives.
You will need to have experience of working in an office environment, good IT skills, and an approachable and friendly manner. You will also need to be able to organise your work well, juggle multiple projects, and enjoy working as part of a small team. A high level of common sense is critical. Experience of working in a membership organisation or the voluntary sector in an administrative capacity is highly desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfil a broad and interesting range of duties, including:
- maintaining the filing system and contacts database
- assisting with telephone and office reception duties
- assisting with organising and attending client events
- the production and distribution of all client meeting papers
- undertaking core administrative duties and assisting in the day-to-day running of the office
- being a contact person for external enquiries, including responsibility for the info@ email inbox for a number of clients, answering the phone and sorting post
- ensuring that the database is kept up to date with regards to membership activities and information.
- updating the client websites using CMS
- managing the day-to-day relationship with our suppliers
- providing basic office support to other members of the team including:
- managing document templates in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access
- ordering stationery, supplies and small office equipment
- provide general business and administrative support to the Chief Executive
- Being responsible for the smooth running of the office and facilities.
The ability to apply common sense solutions to a problem
Proven ability to manage a large and varied workload, prioritise effectively and ensure that deadlines are met
Customer service skills and experience
Previous administrative experience
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to produce accurate documents
Highly organised individual with acute eye for detail
Team player with proven ability to work on own initiative
Ability to work in a flexible manner and experience of working effectively as a member of a small team
Excellent interpersonal skills
Well developed IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Using website CMS systems
Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Office management experience
Experience of working successfully with trustees, volunteers or committees
Budget management experience
We are looking for someone with at least one year’s experience of providing administrative support, working as part of a team and experience of communicating with external stakeholders. They will have excellent administration skills, have the ability to plan work according to project priorities and be computer proficient, particularly with MS Office packages. They will also have knowledge of different processes required to ensure the successful organisation of an event or meeting.
- Not for Profit
- Office Management
- Common Sense