Our client is looking for a Membership Secretary to work for them on a Temp to permanent basis. You would be working for an independent Global accounting, taxations and personal advisory service that manage risk and compliance. The role would suit an individual with a broad range of secretarial skill and ideally background in membership organisations or professional service firms.
Who will you be working for?
Our client is based in Temple, with plenty of restaurants and bars to replenish your nutrition after a hard days work. The organisation is independent global member firms have the resources to advice on Taxation, Accountancy and Business and Personal Advisory services to help manage risk and compliance.
What does the role consist of?
- Liaison with member firms around the world regarding their membership
- Responding to membership enquiries, evaluating membership applications
- Production and circulation of association newsletters and other publications
- Answering calls and emails quickly and politely
- Passing call and emails to the appropriate person
- Dealing with general enquiries when able
- Preparing meeting agendas for review by committee and board chairs
- Timely compiling and publishing of board and committee papers
- Producing accurate and timely minutes of meetings
- Reviewing and updating annual meeting planners for Committees
- Tracking and following up of actions raised at meetings
- Providing guidance to the Regional Officers in terms of ensuring appropriate meeting venues and catering are booked.
- To collate and assess member firm statistics
- Ad hoc secretarial and administrative duties, e.g. scanning, photocopying
- Liaison and negotiation with suppliers and contractors
- Responding to general enquiry letters
What will the successful candidate be like?
They are looking for someone who is a strong database administrator, preferably from a membership organisation that can handle the pressure and volume of dealing with vast data. This includes;
- Proficiency in Office packages; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft SharePoint
- Significant experience of working at a senior level
- Fast and Accurate audio and copy typing
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well in a pressurised environment with the ability to prioritise work
- Knowledge and experience of working with professional service firms
- International experience - has a good grasp of doing business across international boundaries
- The ability to work under pressure of deadlines and cost budgets and be prepared to work extended hours when required
- Commitment to the role and be hardworking and focussed
What in it for you?
In return, you will be a part of a great team environment with the opportunity to expand within the company. The hours are Monday to Friday full-time office working hours; with a competitive with a salary of £23,000 to £27,000 per annum.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV for immediate consideration.
Not ready to apply, or have some questions first?
Email me, Fatma Yaman at Gordon Yates to discuss in confidence.