Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? Can you engage with people quickly and share your passion for our cause? We need enthusiastic, sales focussed, friendly people to be part of our membership recruitment team. Membership is vital to the ongoing work we do, so you’ll be working with targets in a busy team, welcoming visitors every day and talking to them about the benefits of being a member.
What it's like to work here
Situated at the southern tip of Lake Windermere, Fell Foot is a family-friendly park with stunning mountain views. Fell Foot is very lively during the summer months when the park becomes a popular place for picnics, walks, boating and relaxing coffees at the Boathouse Cafe. The varied programme of activities includes open water swims, stone skimming, boat hire, and wild camping. If you are looking for exciting and challenging work in a beautiful outdoor setting, Fell Foot could be the ideal place for you.
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe, we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our care. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You’ll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, and achieve our targets for sales. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing a service. To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £3.09 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job