Membership Office Administrator
Location: London W1J 5JD
Salary: Competitive - Depending on Experience
Our client, a prestigious Member’s Club in the heart of Mayfair, has a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Membership Office Administrator to join their team. The role reports to the Membership and Accounts Supervisor.
Duties of the Membership Office Administrator:
- Processing membership applications
- Maintaining a clean and up to date member database
- Handling member enquiries via telephone, face to face and email
- Processing membership subscriptions and payments
- Chasing overdue payments of subscriptions
- Preparing new member welcome packs
- Processing member resignations
- Filing and scanning
- General administration
Requirements of the Membership Office Administrator:
- The ideal candidate should have previous administrational and customer service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are essential for this position.
- The candidate must also have strong numerical skills and strong attention to detail.
In return for your hard work and dedication we are offering:
- A competitive salary
- Staff fund twice a year
- Creative and friendly environment
- Generous recognition / award programmes
- Clothing allowance
- Free meals in the staff canteen
- Free laundry and dry cleaning of work attire
- Automatic enrolment in the company's pension scheme.
About the company:
Our client is a private members’ Club in Mayfair, London, opening its doors to both men and women in 1935 and thriving today with over 8500 Members worldwide. Striving to be the best social, sports, residential and business Club in London, the amenities include: 73 bedrooms, fine dining restaurant, brasserie, café, ballroom, 6 function rooms and top of the range sports facilities including a swimming pool, steam room, squash courts, fencing, gym, studio and treatments.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Membership Office Administrator role is right for you then please apply today!
However due to the high volume of applications that they receive they are unfortunately unable to reply to each one. If you do not receive a response within 7 days of applying, they would kindly ask you to assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process