UK’s number 1! You will have heard the jingle time and time again. It even pops into our head on occasion! However, did you also know that our Sports Direct Fitness Division is now recruiting?
These really are exciting times for us as we strengthen our portfolio of fitness clubs across the UK. On paper, we may well be new to the game, however our people carry decades of experience within the fitness and leisure industry and to complement this we require people with a drive and ambition to match.
We are currently looking for a Membership Coordinator to join our busy team in our Shirebrook Headquarters. This role has a salary band of £17,000 to £21,000 dependent on experience. There is also an incremental increase scale reflective of performance and delivery.
Key Aspect of the Role:
- Supporting in the management of the Sports Direct Fitness membership scheme.
- Customer service for Sports Direct Fitness working within a busy membership team in a fast paced environment, dealing with high volume of customer enquiries by means of telephone and email.
- Membership administration duties such as collecting and chasing payments, processing cancellations, change of details, inputting direct debit mandates & membership transfer requests.
- Club support with customer enquires in regards to their membership along with system & process queries.
- Development of documentation for procedures, training and method statements in conjunction with key users.
Essential skills / Experience:
- Customer service or call centre skills for phone & email communications to internal and external customers.
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines, dealing with high volumes of queries.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Exceptional literacy skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Creating and implementing procedures
- Customer focusedCommercial Awareness
- Time management and able to deliver only the highest standard of service.
- Ambitious and have the energy and drive to make a successful career in the fitness industry.
Desired skills / Experience:
- Experience of Leisure Management Systems in particular the Gladstone Plus2 system.
- Direct Debit schemes.
- Delivery of training to all abilities.
- Debt recovery.
- Data Audit
- GCSE Maths C or above (or equivalent).
- NVQ in customer services or Business studies
- .GCSE English C or above (or equivalent).