We have an exciting opportunity for a Member Support Officer (Programme) to join our team based at Gilwell Park, Chingford on a full time, permanent basis.
As Scouts, we believe in empowering young people with skills for life. We encourage our young people to do more, learn more and be more. We believe in bringing people together. We celebrate diversity and stand against intolerance, always. We’re a worldwide movement, creating stronger communities and inspiring positive futures.
About the Member Support Officer (Programme) role:
The purpose of this role is to act as a key resource in the maintenance of materials and core activities relating to the support to volunteers in deliver of the programme in Scouting. This is a multi-disciplinary role which works across the breadth of the Member Support Department and wider HQ teams.
What will you be doing as a Member Support Officer (Programme)?
- Act as the Programme specialist in Scouting, keeping up to date with internal and external developments for programme and within the non-formal education sector and informing others of relevant developments.
- Liaise with other departments and teams to ensure resources are fit for purpose and relevant to the current youth programme.
- Contribute to allocated Programmes of Work projects and initiatives development to provide a member support perspective and assist with a smooth transition to delivery
- Respond to members’ needs, wants and demands and maintain the current resources to ensure they continue to meet volunteer needs and remain fit for purpose
- Support specific aspects of the Scout Programme by providing direct support to members on a range of topics and areas of work that enable volunteers to undertake their respective roles in Scouting.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate presentations, training sessions and workshops, as a subject matter expert for members on a range of aspects relating to the Scout Programme.
- In partnership with volunteers review and contribute to the researching, development and publication of resources and materials (including digital) that support members in a range of aspects of the Scout Programme specialism.
- Development and delivery of workshops and presentations to engage the membership; inspiring and equipping adult volunteers with the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver more inclusive Scouting.
What we can offer you as our Member Support Officer (Programme):
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Subsidised lunch
- Shuttle Bus service to and from Chingford mainline station
What we are looking for in our Member Support Officer (Programme):
- Understanding of the technical considerations required to support volunteers to deliver the Scout Programme
- Knowledge of external practices to govern the safe delivery of adventurous activities and pursuits for young people through volunteers
- Experience of providing high quality advice and support to stakeholders on a range of technical matters (e.g. adventurous activities rules and guidance, safety procedures, operating procedures, permit schemes, etc.)
- Able to construct written information (e.g. resource materials, magazine articles, committee papers and minutes)
- Able to communicate clearly and assertively using the telephone, face to face and written communication to provide a high level of customer service to members
- Able to effectively present information clearly and influence an audience
- Able to assimilate large amounts of data and information and provide a summary of key implications for others
- Experience of researching and analysing information
- Experience of working with and/or being a volunteer
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now to become our Member Support Officer (Programme).
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £29,260 per annum (inclusive of OLW)
Closing date: 27th February 2019 at 23.59
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'