Our client are a renowned manufacturer of ductile iron castings and are seeking a Melting Department Team Leader for their busy operations.
Day to day duties will include the following:
* Ensure personnel perform as required in the execution of their duties and job roles (Essential)
* Ensure that all metal melted meets the specifications set for the grade of metal (Essential)
* Ensure that each melt is only released with a correct Atas profile (Essential)
* Ensure that all furnaces are correctly prepared in order to provide the correct quality and quantity of metal as required by the daily production plan (Essential)
* To be an active member of the foundry scrap team (Essential)
* To recommend cost savings initiatives for all melting processes (Essential)
* To assist in ensuring that labour costs are minimised and monitored (Essential)
As a person you will need the following qualities and experience:
* Previous experience of working in a foundry environment within the furnace section (Essential)
* Some previous supervision experience (Essential)
* Hands on approach (Essential)
* Basic metallurgy experience (Essential)
* Furnace operating experience (Essential)
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions. We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step!! We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.