On behalf of my client and due to growth of the company I'm currently looking for a Melting Department Team Leader to join a leading foundry in the heart of the Dudley area.
The right candidate must have foundry experience operated a furnace a basic metallurgy understanding. You will be working with a team of 5 people so good leadership qualities is essential.
The main duties are:
- Ensure personnel perform as required in the experience of their duties and job descriptions.
- Ensure that all metals melted meets the specifications set for the grade of metal.
- Ensure that each melt is only released with a correct Atas profile.
- Assist in the development of all personnel in the department.
- Ensure that all furnaces are correctly prepared in order to provide the correct quality and quantity of metal as required by the daily production plan.
- To be an active member of the foundry scrap team.
- To recommend cost saving initiatives for all melting processes
- To assist in ensuring that labour costs, including, overtime, are minimised and monitored.
This is an exciting new role
please send an up to date cv to