Job title: Meetings & Events Sales Co-ordinator
Reports to: Meeting & Events Sales Manager
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Hours: Rota basis from 8am - 7pm with occassional saturadays
To ensure all conference, group reservations and events bookings from initial contact through to completion are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner ensuring maximum profitability and client satisfaction.
• To have a good knowledge of all Hotel facilities, tariffs and rates in order they are sold to their best advantage.
• To send proposals, chase enquiries and obtain signed contracts within a timely manner as per the hotel’s procedures.
• To develop a good knowledge of the local area, local competitors and regular clientele to enhance services provided to the guests.
• To create the right customer care attitude towards all clients demonstrating the ability to create rapour over the phone.
• Follow hotel strategies when handling enquiries to maximise occupancy and rooms profitability for accommodation & conference, ensuring a good understanding of departmental budgets/targets.
• Provide support to the reservations team, handling enquiries when necessary as per set procedures/strategies.
• To conduct sales show rounds (site visits) with maximum effectiveness.
• To ensure all data is entered correctly into the system for both events and reservations, ensuring data integrity and accuracy for reporting requirements.
• To ensure relevant deposits are received when due and all event revenues are charged onto the correct accounts and all accounts are checked out accordingly.
• To identify and pass on leads / information on new Companies to the Sales Manager/ Director of Sales, assisting when required at point of negotiations.
• To support the Make Your Day Team with overflow calls.
• Attend departmental meetings as required.
• Provide administrative support within the department ensuring all paperwork is filed correctly and correspondence organised and kept up to date.
• Liaise closely with the client with regards to planning of the event, paying close attention to detail.
• Work closely with F&B/C&B Team Player to ensure all aspects of the event have been arranged to suit both client and hotel.
• Prepare comprehensive function sheet ensuring effective handover to ops team, communicating changes to guest requirements where necessary.
• To assist with Familiarisation Tours / Visits / Functions, hosting tables when appropriate.
• To handle guests comments effectively whether positive or constructive and report to the Executive Team.
• To undertake duties of work outside the normal weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position at the request of your line manager.
• To maintain and adhere to Company policies and standards at all times.
• Understanding Company requirements regarding health & safety policy, COSHH, fire and bomb procedures.
• To report any irregularities, defects or damage of equipment of facilities to Management immediately.
• To carry out any reasonable task as requested by Management.
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS:
• Organisation and time management skills
• Strong Communication skills - written and verbal
• Efficient in using Microsoft office and computer applications
• Administration and problem solving skills
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Customer focused
• Attention to detail
• Driven towards maximising sales and meeting departmental budgets
• Understands and follows departmental SOP’s
• Team player
• Professional and committed
- Accurate Record Keeping
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job