Do you have proven experience working within Hospitality / Meetings & Events? Passionate and driven but lack challenge in your current role? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting and they want to hear from you!
They understand that their staff are key to their success and they are dedicated to supporting each and every person in their role. As a business, they will endeavour to provide you with opportunities to develop yourself and pursue a rewarding and exciting career with us.
Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic and organised Meetings & Events Porter to join the team. This is a full time role working 5 out 7 days, 37.5hrs per week, £7.83 per hour.
Who are they looking for?
As their ideal Meetings & Events Porter, you will be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of food hygiene and some experience within a similar role. You will also require experience / knowledge of:
- Customer Service
- Hospitality, Events
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as their Meetings & Events Porter, you will be entitled to a great range of benefits including:
- Staff discounts
- Training and Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Live In Accommodation
What will I be responsible for?
Joining their team as Meetings & Events Porter, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service in their Hotels. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Welcome guests for meetings and events and restaurants. Escort guests to their tables, assist where necessary with seating arrangements.
- Prepare room/restaurant set-up and maintain housekeeping and stocks of the meeting rooms, restaurants and storage areas
- Take and deliver customer orders and requests for meetings and events and restaurants
- Undertake ‘waiting at table’ service if required: in restaurants and/ or meetings and event rooms, including cleaning, clearing and resetting the tables.
- Manual handling, heavy lifting and high level cleaning as required in the meetings and events rooms, restaurants, storage areas and other areas of the hotels.
- Prepare room/restaurant set-up and maintain housekeeping and stocks of the meeting rooms, restaurants and storage areas: tables, chairs, cutlery, crockery, linen, glassware, client’s materials, drinks machines, drinks stations and other duties as necessary. This will include activities such as vacuuming; washing floors; cleaning machines and workstations; polishing cutlery, crockery, glassware, doors, windows, walls and other housekeeping activities as required.
- Remove rubbish/ empty bins in restaurants, dining facilities, kitchens, and meetings and events rooms as required. Move furniture in restaurants and meetings and events rooms as required.
- Ability to understand and fulfil event function sheet information
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Meetings & Events Porter please click APPLY below to register your interest!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job