Medical Services Venue Cluster Manager
Closing Date 9th November 2020
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an experienced Medical Services Competition Cluster Manager, to develop and oversee the delivery of medical services in competition venues for all client groups associated with the Games. Select, train and support the Venue Medical Managers at Games time. Participate In the development of various systems required for Medical Services; encounter system, policies and procedures and functional medical plans and procurement of medical supplies.
- Develop detailed operational plans for management of venue medical services for sport and spectator services.
- Work with B2022 functions and B2022 planning processes to ensure these plans are integrated into Games time delivery.
- Work with Clinical Advisors on specifc aaspects of risk assessments. Develop Venue Medical Plans from these risk assessments and the Venue Planning sessions.
- With other colleagues in the Medical Services Team, recruit venue medical managers.
- Assist in the procurement of medical equipment and consumables.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of medical volunteers.
- Assist in the development of role specific and venue specific training programs and practical sessions for spectator medical teams, athlete medical services and field of play recovery teams.
- Together with Venue Medical Managers deliver the training in the venue prior to and during the Games for venue medical staff.
- Support the development of emergency response procedures and Standard Operating Procedures to be followed by Ambulance Service and venue medical teams.
- At Games time support the venue medical teams deliver services resolving issues promptly when escalated.
- This list is not exhaustive and changes to the role may be negotiated during the planning and delivery phases of the Games by the line manager.
Skills & Experience Required
- Registered with either:
- Nursing and Midwifery Council,
- Health and Care Professions Council
- General Medical Council
- Experience of working in and managing a multidisciplinary team. Practical experience in a medical setting with a demonstrated understanding of the inter-relationship between a wide range of allied health services.
- Experience of working with an elite/high performance client group.
- Previous Games experience.
- Clinical skills in prehospital care, primary care or general hospital care.
- A working knowledge of the healthcare system and structures within the UK.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of the Sports Medicine industry including current science & medical practice.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a CV, covering letter and disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'