We have a fantastic opportunity to complete a Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship with Imperial College Healthcare. You will be working full time, as well as learning on the job over 12 months, earning £6.50 per hour. You will be providing administrative, clerical and reception support to the department or ward ensuring the provision of an efficient and reliable service. The
- To act as the representative for the clinical team to gain, convey or gather information from external agencies, the internet or other departments within the Trust. Providing the information to the relevant person accurately and within deadlines.
- Proficient use of electronic remote transcription service, proof reading clinical correspondence and typing in relevant patient information as necessary.
- Responsible for liaising with the central booking office and call centre regarding clinic cancellations on behalf of the clinical team. Ensuring that requests for closures are actioned.
- Requesting and collecting medical records, diagnostic test results and maintaining an accurate record of medical records booked out.
- Ensure all clinical correspondence is effectively stored both electronically and manually to ensure prompt retrieval of information as requested.
- Responsible for assessment and maintenance of equipment and stationary needs and ensuring that these are provided at sufficient levels for the daily business of the department with responsibility for checking deliveries are made in a timely fashion.
- Acting on information received from my line manager regarding any new procedures or protocols which need to be followed by medical secretaries in the Medical Directorate and make appropriate changes.
- Ensure all enquiries to the department are dealt with politely, courteously, promptly and professionally.
- Strong and confident communication skills
- Able to deal with sensitive situations
- Excellent understanding of customer service
- Good level of Maths and English GCSE
You will achieve a Customer Service Level 2 qualification upon successful completion of the apprenticeship. The training will be provided onsite where your assessor/training provider will visit you whilst working your placement.
Your Next Step
If you are available, please apply by sending your CV with a brief covering statement of how your skills and experience match.
Step Ahead is acting as an Employment Agency Step Ahead is committed to preventing discrimination in its recruitment practices by stimulating genuine equality of opportunity. This means that everyone is treated solely on the basis of competence and merit, regardless of age, gender, marital status, sexuality, ethnic, racial, religious or disability considerations, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.