A leading 'Ophthalmic' clinic based in Shoreditch, Central London are looking to recruit a 'Medical Secretary'.
You MUST have previous experience of working within a private medical clinic and be available for an immediate start.
The role is paying £27-30K and will initially be on a 'Temp to Perm' contract.
Main duties include:
- To work with the consultant, the receptionist and the clinical team on the weekly outpatient clinics providing secretarial support and ensuring the clinic runs smoothly. During clinics, the post holder will be expected to deal with patients attending the clinic; to provide recommended surgery practice information; assist in booking surgery or follow up appointment dates for the patient and to take payments or invoice a 3rd party when applicable. Training will be provided in understanding ophthalmic clinical data.
- Liaising with patients in the immediate period following their outpatient surgery.
- To prepare the patient administration required for twice weekly outpatient surgery lists and provide patient information in advance to the Nursing team.
- To ensure enquiries into the practice, either by phone or email are responded to in a timely, efficient manner.
Other duties included:
- Manage efficient appointment systems ensuring that all clinical data is available for each clinic.
- Liaising and corresponding with Insurance Companies for approval of treatment and fees.
- Maintaining an accurate database of patients with use of the practice database and to additionally register patients onto the hospital patient database.
- To deal with all patient enquiries in an efficient, polite and professional manner.
- To cover for the practice Inpatient Co-ordinator during periods of leave.
Essential Skills Required:
- Ability to stay calm and work under pressure
- Ability to cope with changes and frequent interruptions
- Effective team member
- Flexible, adaptable and able to plan ahead
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature
- Methodical and accurate
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading clinic with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!