Medical Secretary (Harley St)
About the Clinic
The Clinic provides a comprehensive service to patients and families with possible inherited dis-orders. The Clinic can also provide extensive complex care as required.
We provide an outpatient-based service with in patient care. Our complex care is provided within a modern hospital environment using latest equipment and technologies.
We provide fully integrated service for children (Paediatrics) offering muscle biopsies, electrophysiology and MRI scans with or without general anaesthetic. The Clinic have close links with pre-natal and fetal medicine doctors and fertility clinics for pregnant patients.
Location: Harley Street
Temporary:Expected to last 2 weeks with possible extension
Hours: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Salary:£14.00per hour umbrella or £12.50per hour paye
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to assist the clinic and Doctor in ensuring services of the highest quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To arrange appointments
- To manage correspondence and telephone enquiries as directed
- Maintain and file accurate records
- To be responsible for all aspects of organisation relating to your clinic/ relevant clinics
- To be responsible for the booking of Consulting Rooms when necessary
- To be responsible for all clinical correspondence and audio typing
- To liaise with consultants and their secretaries ensuring the smooth running of the clinic
- To be responsible for preparation of clinics and clinic lists and ensuring relevant locations and consultants receive a copy
- To ensure the Medical Practice Lead is kept informed of all issues relating to the clinics
- To maintain a documented record of any issues arising from the relevant clinics i.e. complaints and ensure that the Medical Practice Lead is notified
- To provide cover for their colleagues in their absence under the guidance of their Medical Practice Lead
- To invoice patients
Skills and Experience
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience is essential
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience within a private healthcare environment is desirable
- Computer literate (experience of DGL essential - MeddBase a bonus)
- Medical terminology appreciated
About the Individual
The successful candidate will have great organisational skills and will be able to prioritise their workload. A high standard of work presentation and accuracy are essential, as is the ability to work on their own initiative in an often-high pressured environment.
- Audio Typing
- Private Healthcare
- medical secretary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'