About the Facility
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
The Medical Secretary will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to assist the department in ensuring services of the highest quality.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Salary: £21,000 - £28,700 (dependent on candidate experience)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To arrange appointments, liaising with internal and external departments
- To manage correspondence and telephone enquiries as directed
- Maintain and file accurate records
- Arrange meetings and prepare minutes
- To be responsible for all aspects of organisation relating to your department/ relevant clinics
- To be responsible for the booking of Consulting Rooms for sessional consultant users in consultation with the Unit Administrator
- To be responsible for all clinical correspondence and audio typing
- To liaise with consultants and their secretaries ensuring the smooth running of the Out Patients clinics
- To be responsible for compilation of clinic lists and ensuring relevant departments receive a copy
- To ensure the Unit Administrator is kept informed of all issues relating to the clinics
- To maintain a documented record of any issues arising from the relevant clinics i.e. complaints and ensure that the Unit Administrator is notified
- To provide cover for their colleagues in their absence under the guidance of their Practice Manager or Team Leader
Skills & Experience
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience is essential
- Previous Medical Secretarial experience within a private healthcare environment is desirable
- Computer literate
- Medical terminology course (AMSP)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'