Medical Secretary Bank
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- AMSPAR qualified (or equivalent Medical Secretarial qualifications, including Medical Terminology and audio typing skills) preferable
- Experience within a similar role in a Medical Environment
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- High level of IT and keyboard skills.
- Good organisation and analytical skills
Duties of this role include:
- To provide a first class administrative and secretarial support service to consultants. To promote and maintain a professional and efficient service to patients, GP’s, colleagues and external contracts.
- To be aware of the confidentiality of the work, understanding and respecting the needs of the above groups.
- Support the clinic, dealing with all the requests and enquiries received from the consultants and associates via telephone, letter and email.
- To use a number of systems efficiently dependant on which consultant you are working for. These include but not restricted to ultragenda, IPM, practice manager, PeopleSoft.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job