BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Woodlands Hospital in Darlington has a vacancy for a Medical Secretary to join their team of staff in the Medical Secretaries department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum RSA II typing
- Experienced audio typist
- Word processing skills
- Experience in a medical secretary position advantageous
- Independent Healthcare background desirable
- Excellent customer service skills essential
Duties of this role include:
- Audio-typing of clinic reports, dispatching said reports and dealing with telephone queries.
- Provision of support and assistance to the Consultants in the form of a full medical secretarial service.
- Provide an efficient medical secretarial service with concise, accurate and timely presentation of all work, completed as specified by the consultant.
- Ensure that excellent standards of practice are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and departmental operational policies
- Remain consistently courteous and helpful while maintaining confidentiality of all patient information at all times.
- To carry out all typing and general clerical duties in connection with the consultant’s work at the hospital, including typing of correspondence and reports, taking notes, filing, photocopying, audio typing.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.