Medical Secretary Band 3
Type of role: Temporary
Pay Rate: £9 per hour paye or £10.35 per hour umbrella
Duration of the role: This is temporary role for 3 months and likely to be longer
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday working the following shift options:
8:30am - 4:30pm
The client would flexible with the working hours above but would need 37.5 hours covered.
The job role will include the following:
- To type patient letters, discharge summaries and general correspondence as dictated by the clinical team with use of the digital dictation system to a high degree of speed and accuracy and to action the outcomes of the correspondence timely. This will be a 50 to 70% medical audio typing role
- To carry out diary management for named consultant(s)
- To answer all incoming telephone calls and emails from patients, carers and other healthcare professionals in an efficient manner, referring onto other departments and agencies as appropriate.
- Ensure all investigation results are readily available to the clinical staff and once signed and acted upon, filed correctly in the medical case notes.
- Support team members to deliver relevant work objectives through offering guidance and advice and assisting with training of new staff as appropriate.
- Audio typing of all correspondence from audiotape or dictation for the Consultants and their teams within set deadlines.
- Responsible for making patients' appointments and arranging admissions to the wards and for informing the patients of arrangements made.
- Responsible for providing a full secretarial service to the Consultant and his/her team.
- To be responsible in managing own workload and assisting other medical secretaries to provide a full secretarial service to other Consultants
- Audio Typing
- General Admin
- MEDICAL SECETARY
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job