Medical Secretary Administrator Private GP Central London
Job Title - Medical Secretary/Administrator
Salary - Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Hours - 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Friday
Location - London W1 Central
Role - Permanent
Our client, a high end Private GP Practice in central London is seeking a Medical Secretary/Administrator to join their small but very busy practice to assist both the Practice Manager and also the Assistant. This role is due to promotion within the practice.
The role demands a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. The successful candidate will require strong communication skills both verbal and written and have attention to detail have obtained English Language GCSE, be IT literate and numerate.The candidate will be able to drive Word ,Excel and PowerPoint .A knowledge of Crosscare or Heydoc an advantage but not essential. A genuine interest in health and medicine is desirable. The administration is the responsibility of both the Practice Manager and the Assistant as it is essential that in either one’s absence the office can operate without affecting the efficiency of the practice.
1. Administration, WebSite, Treatment Room, Waiting Room, Flu Clinics, Corporate Companies, Accounts
- CQC and GDPR awareness andadherence.
- Dictations - Draft Medical reports to be topped, tailed and checked for signing off by docto r (ensure all test results and any instructions followed).
- Medical Reports (Scanning and Pre-Scanning)
- Referral letters (Typing, scanning and posting)
- New Patient Registration forms (Enter onto Crosscare and print new ones off)
- Patient update forms (Making sure all patient details are up todate)
- Answer phones - making appointments and answering queries.
- Keep up to date with Emails and action promptly
- Assist with Meeting/Greeting patients (Making teas, coffees etc)
- Assist with Practice Meeting agenda and meeting minutes
- Scanning and Filing
- Prescriptions (Invoicing and faxing/posting/Pharmacierge,etc)
- Assist PM with ordering office supplies (Paper, pens, toners etc)
- Assist with Day sheet invoicing
- Post Book - Log daily all mail out ie Medical Reports, Prescriptions and General in their respective books.
- Update drug dispensing spreadsheet/table.
- Start/End of day preparation (printing off day sheets, post, fridges, washing up, etc). CLEAR DESKPOLICY
- Assistwith and learn all aspects of media insurance medicals to process the various cast medicals.
- Assist with keeping the website fresh and up todate.
- Assist with Audio/Visual/Peak Flow Testing and Urine dipstick testing
- Change couch rolls and laundry as required
- Assist with Chaperoning when required
- Assist with ordering medical supplies (Couch rolls, ECG leads, Urine strips etc)
- Assist PM with ordering vaccinations and drugs.
- KeepTreatment room (and examination area) clean at all times ready for any CQC inspection!
5. Waiting Room
- Keep waiting room area tidy at all times.
- Keep magazines and health items up todate
- Keep business cards, PSQs holders full.
- 6. Flu Clinics
- Assist Practice Manager in the arrangement of the annual flu clinics.
- Assist with the preparation for individual flu clinics
- Sort and scan flu questionnaires in the correct record.
- Invoice for flu clinics
7. Corporate Companies
- Assist with weekly invoicing (Anonymised invoices with a weekly statement)
- Assist with the processing of corporate Medical certificates.
- Assist with cross referencing TLC AND TDL Pathology invoices.
- Assist with debt chasing.
- Process and record all payments received on day sheet and cashbook.
If you are a medical secretary with a passion for healthcare and a private healthcare background, enthusiastic, friendly, professional and wanting to learn new systems and within a Private GP Practice send us your CV and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to wrk in the UK
- Medical Terminology
- Office Administration
- Private Healthcare
- medical secretary
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'