Medical Secretary/Administrator, Lee Mill, Ivybridge (LSW3045)
Our client provides a reliable, professional and cost-effective in-house legal support service to Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Solicitors. Their business continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are seeking an individual with a Medical Secretarial background who is interested in pursuing a new position within the Legal sector. You will be a key member of the team and will be responsible for; the collation and summary of medical records as well as performing other general administrative duties to facilitate the company’s objectives.
The scanning of collated paper records in a timely manner:
- Checking scan quality.
- Renaming and editing the created pdfs (adding bates numbering).
- Printing final pdfs and filing a set of printed documents into individual folders for return to the client.
- Transferring any solicitor tags on original record pages to new printed set of records.
- Finalising any schedules of radiology.
- Updating instruction memos to nurse analysts.
- Updating correspondence to clients as needed.
- Adhering to the teamwork flow process and other internal procedures, keeping the team’s case management log up to date for each instruction personally worked.
- Participating in team meetings, meeting deadlines which contribute to team outcomes.
- Participating in training such as health and safety training and ICT training as directed.
- Manual handling (following training guidelines) of supplies, paper documents, files and boxes.
- Undertaking other tasks and responsibilities as required by senior staff in line with company objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of using multi-functional scanning and photocopying equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of working with ICT, including Microsoft and Adobe packages.
- Previous experience of working in an administrative office, preferably in a medical or legal environment.
- Skills to work effectively as part of a team and to follow instructions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GCSEs (A* to C) including Maths and English.
- Proven office administration and ICT experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of using multi-functional scanning
- and photocopying equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of
- Microsoft Word, Outlook & Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of computers with Windows 10 interface.
- Excellent communication skills / shares ideas and information.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent level of English spelling and grammar.
- Methodical and accurate in one’s work.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others.
Please get in touch if you would like more information about this role or send your CV in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.
- Medical Records
- Office Administration
- General Administrative Duties
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'