It also provides a unique, bi-lingual service for men and women who are deaf in a secure environment.
To provide an effective secretarial service to a team of Consultant Psychiatrists and Associate Specialists
– To provide a high standard of secretarial support to the Consultant Psychiatrists and members of the medical team.
– To establish a good working relationship with clinicians and professionals involved in patient care.
– To understand and demonstrate the appropriate need for discretion and confidentiality relating to all patients.
– To attend ward rounds with the multi-disciplinary team and patients in attendance. To take accurate minutes, summarising discussions and noting related actions. To ensure that ward round summaries are then saved in a timely manner on the electronic patient information system.
– To ensure that all relevant information is forwarded to the general administration team in a timely manner.
– To prioritise and produce high quality reports including admission and discharge summaries, NHS forms 1 & 2 and mental health tribunal reports.
– To deal with routine correspondence for members of the medical team and action as appropriate, using own initiative.
– To make appointments and maintain diaries as required for the medical team.
– To carry out other routine administrative tasks including scanning, photocopying and faxing information.
– To maintain effective manual and computerised filing systems.
– To liaise with outside agencies, e.g. solicitors, community teams and other hospitals.
– To liaise with the Mental Health Act and CPA teams regarding dates of tribunals and meetings.
– To arrange Care Treatment Reviews and other meetings, booking rooms and refreshments as requested.
– To cover for other members of the team in times of sickness and annual leave.
– The above duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are within the competence of the post holder and compatible with the expectations of the post.
– The job description will be reviewed regularly in line with changing service requirements, and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
– The post holder is expected to comply with all relevant hospital policies, procedures, guidelines and related training, including those related to equal opportunities, health and safety and confidentiality.
– Experience of digital audio typing to produce accurate documents. This will be tested at interview.
– An aptitude for medical terminology. This will be tested at interview.
– A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word for producing a range of documents
– Practical experience of producing high quality, coherent minutes of meetings
– Excellent standard of written and spoken English, including good attention to spelling and grammar
– Practical experience of confidentiality, equality and diversity policies
– Practical experience of working as a member of a team
– Practical experience of prioritising a busy workload
– A flexible, responsible and positive attitude towards tasks
– Medical secretarial experience
– Practical experience of using electronic patient information systems
– Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
This is a fixed term contract for 6 Months – Working 42 hours per week.
Shift patterns to include Nights, Weekends and Bank Holidays.
You will need to be a self-starter, who is able to demonstrate a high level of initiative in prioritising your workload. Excellent communication and computer skills are a pre-requisite, as is previous admin experience. Previous experience in a similar healthcare setting would be desirable.
Cygnet Health Care offers an excellent benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave.
In addition most hospitals offer subsidised meals and free car parking where available.
Cygnet Hospital Bury is 10 miles from Manchester City Centre. It is close to the M66, M62 and M60 motorways.