An opportunity exists for an experienced Medical Science Liaison to join our clients on a permanent basis.
Our clients are looking for an experienced MSLto serve as a field-based extension of the Medical Affairs Department - the Medical Science Liaison will represent the Company as an ambassador, championing the
medical benefits of an approved product portfolio.
Role Description Summary:
The experienced MSL will provide clinical and scientific education relating to the correct use of Company products, build long-term peer relationships with these stakeholders, and establish rapport through highly scientific product and disease related discussions that support or expand current therapeutic concepts.
• Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with thought leaders, active and potential study investigators, providers at academic and non-academic institutions and professional organizations within assigned geography
• Effectively articulates relevant scientific and clinical information relative to therapeutic area and product life cycle to HCPs and researchers
• Engages in, and responds to clinical inquiries, scientifically accurate and unbiased discussions - maintaining a high standard of integrity and professionalism in full compliance with company policies and relevant regulators
• Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings including but not limited to, advisory boards, patient advocacy groups, payors
• Supports research initiatives across development - providing support to clinical site investigators (as needed)
• Serves as a liaison between key corporate functional areas and HCPs who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals
• Provides accurate unbiased assessment of community needs to senior management
• Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic area through continuous learning and knowledge of the therapeutic area related scientific literature
• Attends and support scientific/professional meetings/conferences consistent with areas of therapeutic responsibility
• Operates collaboratively across all functional areas, including but not limited, to Medical Affairs, Clinical Research and Commercial
• Serves as a scientific resource as appropriate to support activities such as medical congress staffing, advisory boards, and training initiatives
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Advanced biomedical sciences degree (MD, DO, NP, PA, RPh, PharmD, PhD) preferred, or clinically relevant experience commensurate with one of the above listed degrees.
• 5+ years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
• Must have knowledge of, and be willing to comply with, all regulatory/compliance policies consistent with position
• Ability to complete goals within agreed timeframes and deliver high quality results
• Ability to travel (up to 70 %)
• Must maintain comprehensive proficiencies with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and associated applications
• Working knowledge and understanding of MHRA, EMA & FDA guidelines
• Demonstrated expertise in medical education
• Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
• Ability to work independently and prioritise with minimal daily instruction
• Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes
• Ability to build productive work relationships both internally and externally
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Valid driver’s license
A full job description is available upon application.
To discuss this position in detail or for any further information, please contact Wax Selection on **** *******.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Wax Selection who are operating as an employment agency.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback at this stage. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.