To support medical staff in the provision of medical services to practice patients by being responsible for handling reception appointment requests, enquiries and working as part of a small team.
You will be required to work 30 hours per week over 4 days (with holiday cover and overtime available), organised on a varied shift basis between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00.
Rate of Pay: £9.13p/h
Main Duties/Key Tasks:
- Receive, welcome and advise patients
- Book and alter patient appointmens
- Send, receive and action messages via the SystmOne
- Answer telephone enquiries from patients, staff and other external agencies
- Use the Practice's computer system eg with regards to patient information, appointments and practice information
- Receive and forward samples, specimens and other items
- Receive and action or forward incoming mail
- Assist medical staff with ad hoc administration type enquiries
- Contribute to the Reception team and provide an effective day to day Reception service
- Maintain patient’s medical and surgery administrative record systems
- Provide clerical and administrative support to other staff groups as appropriate
- Submit bills for private services and receive payments by cash and cheque
- Maintain supplies of certain items of stationery and supplies
- Receive and sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Deal with enquiries to and from other agencies
- Assist with health promotion and other related activities
- To cover duties for other members of staff (Prescription Clerks/Receptionists), for holidays, sickness and in the case of absence
Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'