Job Type: Temporary
Duration: Expected to be for 4 months and likely to be longer
Working location: Based at a Hospital
Remote Working: Based at a Hospital no remote working
Pay Rates: £9.77 paye inclusive of holiday pay
Working days and hours:
***Monday to Friday, candidates must be flexible and able to cover different shifts 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm on a rota basis. You will work 37.5 hours be week in line with the rota-ed shifts.
Summary of responsibilities
- To understand and work to agreed standards as defined in the SOPs and Access Policy.
- To ensure that the scheduling rules are adhered to.
- Responsibility to adhere to all local targets and waiting time rules for both outpatient appointments and surgery will be adhered to and monitored.
- Ensure that any patient changes are made at the time of the patient phone call on the patient database system.
- To change appointments/sessions if requested following the SOPs and ensuring that patients remain on their appropriate pathway maintaining the agreed treat by date and/or agreed local targets.
- To ensure that patient cancellations are updated on the patient database system and the reason recorded within the PAS immediately.
- To offer a sequential appointment to any cancellations in line with the patient pathway and the local target waiting times.
- To maintain a direct booking system by agreeing dates either with patients, GPs and referrers at the time of their phone call or in line with the SOPs.
- To ensure that standards are met for patients receiving the appropriate notification for outpatient and day case surgery appointments together with any appropriate information that is required.
- To ensure that voicemail, electronic mail and faxes are checked at the elected times each day and that all queries are actioned immediately.
- Support the clinical vetting of referrals at the gateway prior to acceptance/rejection.
- Administer the Choose and Book system as appropriate at the gateway, including patient cancellations/rescheduling, polling clinics as requested by the Gateway Co-ordinator.
- To book all urgent appointments in line with agreed protocols in SOPs and the Access Policy.
- To have an overview of the Treatment Centre case mix and the appointments available within their specialties.
- To escalate any apparent capacity issues to the Gateway Co-ordinator ensuring effective scheduling of patients in accordance with local waiting times.
- To escalate any noted referral pathway process enablers/disablers to the Gateway Co-ordinator to enable review and continuous improvement to the patient pathway.
- To ensure where possible clinics/sessions are not overbooked except where prior agreement
Experiences, Skills and Qualifications
- Receptionist experience
- NHS, GP or medical receptionist or administration experience
- Telephone Manner
- Receptionist Duties
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'