Our client is a well-known private hospital in London. They are looking for a polished
well-spoken Receptionist/Front of house officer to join them.
Reception Duties - Main Hospital
- To welcome all patients, Consultants, and visitors into the Hospital facilities
- Inform the relevant staff and/or department of the patient/visitors arrival and to direct all patients/visitors to the correct location and/or to the Library to be collected.
- To provide excellent customer service at all times.
- To be fully competent in operating the telephone switchboard efficiently and courteously. To ensure that all incoming telephone calls on the switchboard are screened and directed to the appropriate department/person and/or take clear and accurate written messages, passing them promptly to the department/individuals concerned.
- Ensure patient admissions/discharges and lists are accurate and updated at all times using the Hospital computer system.
- Create a full Admission List each evening.
- Print computer reports as and when required.
- Liaise closely with Admissions to ensure accurate admission and discharge information is held and note any room changes, ensuring dates and times are recorded and filed appropriately.
- Register all outpatient appointments in Compucare ensuring that all information is captured accurately.
- To count and be responsible for any petty cash and sell food vouchers as required.
- To create name badges for all visitors to the Hospital.
- Be fully competent in operating the hospital paging system. Ensure all Pagers are checked daily after being returned each day by the user, reporting any faults to the Supervisor.
- Take responsibility for the initial operation of emergency systems according to the Hospital policy, initiate any emergency procedures i.e. Cardiac Arrest, Fire Alert and prepare to take instructions from Senior Managers as appropriate.
- Ensure that the Reception area and Library are presented clean and tidy during your shift at all times.
- To be fully aware of your surroundings at all times.
Security Duties for Receptionist/Front of house officer at private hospital
- Be conscious and vigilant, ensuring there are no breeches of security at the Hospital Main Reception, Front Entrance and immediate area including the waiting room.
- Screen all visitors, controlling the access through the Security Doors in the main Reception.
- Ensure security checks are carried out daily, and during the silent hours as laid down in the Security Regulations.
- Maintain the Hospital security policy and ensure all Visitors are processed in accordance with the Hospital’s security procedures, issuing passes as appropriate.
Other Duties for Receptionist/Front of house officer at private hospital
- Carry out all general routine portering duties when required
- To assist with all internal and external, incoming and outgoing Hospital Mail.
- Manage the Reception area as required when on late or night shift.
- Assist Patients when requested with personal belongings, escort Patients to and from rooms.
- Deliver specimens and collect blood products to and from the pathology laboratories when required.
- To observe Health and Safety and Manual Handling Risk Assessment practices laid down by the Department and Hospital.
General for Receptionist/Front of house at private hospital
- Maintain a welcoming and professional approach at all times
- Respect and maintain Patient and Hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Attend staff meetings when notified.
- Undertake any other duties/training applicable to this position, as required by yourSupervisor or Senior Management.
In Return you will receieve:
- £20,000 P.A
- 27 days holiday + BH
- Pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Front House
- Private Healthcare