Medical Officer - Hounslow -- London
Start Date- ASAP/Immediate
Contractual Hours- 33.75 hours per week, flexible working hours to be agreed with Head Teacher
Salary- Main Pay Scale
Contract Type- Permanent/ Full Time
GSL Education is looking for a Medical Officer for a good School based in the London Borough of Hounslow.
Our Partner School is popular all age special school for children aged 4-16 years. Ofsted has judged the school as 'good’ with elements of 'outstanding’. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The School is looking for staff who share our passion for learning, and have a philosophy that all pupils deserve the best and are committed to giving their best. The school has excellent facilities that will better meet the needs of our pupils and enhance their education. We offer a comprehensive Induction for all new staff and have excellent professional development opportunities for all.
Purpose of the job
- Deliver health and first-aid provision for pupils and staff in line with the First Aid policy and procedures.
- Ensure all injuries are appropriately reported, undertaking a full trend analysis on a monthly basis.
- Identify, create, implement and evaluate individual health care plans for pupils with medical conditions Prepare and maintain all paper and electronic health care records of all pupils in line with policy and procedures.
- Provide accurate and complete records of pupil consultation and drug administration consistent with legislation, policies and procedures.
- Prepare, where appropriate, Risk Assessments for individual situations.
- Ensure all related equipment and supplies are suitably maintained at all times.
- Ensure appropriate communication with the school staff and other health related agencies.
- Have a role in the strategic development and maintenance of a culture of outstanding safeguarding, welfare and protection of all pupils
Post Holders Responsibility
- Provide emergency and routine first aid treatment for pupils, staff and visitors.
- Deal with emergency health related incidents.
- Administer an Epi Pen injection when appropriate, in accordance with medical procedures and up to the level of training received.
- Hold emergency stock of prescribed medicines and tablets for distribution to certain students, as and when required, in line with parental consent with the appropriate documentation completed. Keep a record of expiry dates of medication and liaise with parents to ensure 'in date’ medications are in school.
- Ensure all first-aid kits are prepared for use during all school activities, eg school trips and maintain first-aid boxes placed around the school with the appropriate documentation completed.
- Share appropriate information on pupils during transition from classes and key stages.
Medical Officer Specification
- A current First Aid Qualification.
- Nursing and / or welfare qualification.
- GCSE Maths and English A*- C or equivalent.
- Experience of working with Autistic children and their families.
- Experience of successfully working with vulnerable young people and understanding their needs.
What we can offer:
- Excellent pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
- A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
- Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
- On-going career support & advice
- Continual knowledge on the ever changing education sector
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
Should you be looking for a Primary School Teaching position role for 2018/2019 academic year, then please contact our Primary Education Consultant, Hinal Patel, as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"