A Medical Officer (MO) is required to assist the Capita Lead Clinician in delivering recruiting medicals, appeals and clinical leadership. All potential recruits go through a medical screening process at 5 sites nationally. A Medical Officer is required in the Assessment Centre in Pirbright, Surrey.
The post-holder will report to:
Pirbright MO will report to the Lead Clinician for day to day matters but line management will be through Deputy Chief Medical Officer based in Upavon, Wiltshire.
* Conduct clinical work, including face-to-face medical assessments and paperwork screening and appeals (80% of the time)
* Assist the Lead Clinician with the management of employed, sessional and network clinicians on the RPP project, including but not limited to:
* Training, governance and performance of the clinicians (20% of the time)
* Assist the lead Clinician with the coaching clinical staff to meet the productivity, quality and outcome measures to meet business objectives
* Deputise for the Lead Clinical during any absences.
* Help to identify resource needs and assist Lead Clinician and DCMO in clinician recruitment
* Assist the Lead Clinician with clinical policies, protocols, and electronic reporting of screening solution
* Work with external specialists e.g. Cardiologists where appropriate
* Assist the Lead Clinician with first level appeal process, and manage appeals within the agreed service standards.
* Input to the clinical complaints investigation and reporting
* Assist in providing audit and KPI information for customer
* Maintain GMC registration, license to practice accreditation and skill mix
* Assist the Lead Clinician with clinical leadership and implementation of Customer Common Assurance Framework Audit at the AC
* Occasional weekend work may be required
* Liaise with Military Staff who conduct the non-medical aspects of selection process as to whether candidate is fit to carry out these tests.
* Maybe required to attend team leader meetings on behalf of the Lead Clinician.
Key Performance Objectives
* Meeting required clinical output in terms of face to face medical examinations, document screening and appeals
* Training development and coaching of sessional clinicians to meet business coverage and productivity targets
* Clinical governance to meet Capita standards
* Lead Clinician AC (P)
* DCMO/ CMO RPP contract
* Assessment centre staff including clinical and non-clinical staff
* Sessional clinicians
A fully qualified Medical Practitioner with licence to practise
Leadership, managerial and delegation skills
Being able to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines is essential
IT literate and experience with general Microsoft programmes
Excellent presentational skills
Excellent organisation skills
Commercial experience, awareness and innovative thinker
Occupational medicine experience
Experience of current Army medical screening process
Effective communicator both verbally and written
If you would like to discuss this role please contact or call
Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job