Medical Negligence Paralegal, Legal Assistant or Legal Secretary
A unique opportunity has arisen with our highly regarded Legal 500 client for a Medical Negligence Secretary or Paralegal to join a busy department.
- Assist with drafting documents, client liaison, research work, general correspondence and administrative support.
- Sort and review medical and financial records, liaise with medical professionals, financial institutions and other solicitors.
- In the absence of supervising fee-earner, ensure that urgent matters are referred to appropriate personnel.
- To obtain accurate information and instructions from clients, analyse the legal and practical aspects of their claims and obtain the necessary documents/evidence to provide preliminary advice on liability/quantum/costs & funding.
- Telephone clients/other contacts such as medical experts as and when necessary, dealing with such calls in a courteous and efficient manner; a good telephone manner is important.
- The successful applicant must have excellent communication skills, be approachable and professional in all dealings taking account of the sensitive nature of the work.
- Ensure filing is kept up-to-date and that copies of correspondence/documents are kept in the file, open new files/close old files as required.
- A methodical and organised approach to the work is essential. To pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy.
- Careful file management and the keeping of detailed contemporaneous attendance notes of all work done on behalf of our clients. Excellent standard of written English expected.
- Compliance with time recording requirements and reaching financial targets.
- Good working knowledge and use of Court CPR Rules and procedures.
- Ability to work with initiative; maintaining a flexible and responsible approach with the ability to work to Court deadlines.
- Good attendance and time-keeping.
- Genuine interest to pursue claims on behalf of injured claimants.
- Previous relevant paralegal and litigation experience is a must, whilst relevant experience in clinical negligence would be desirable.
- LPC graduate, or ILEX, with experience of undertaking PA/secretarial/assistant/paralegal duties.
- Relevant experience in drafting clear concise legal notes and correspondence.
- Experience in sorting, reviewing and collating medical records.
- Experience in interviewing clients and taking witness statements, dealing sensitively and managing difficult conversations.
- Proven ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing with a wide range of clients and various third parties such as Counsel, Court Office and medical experts.
- Proven ability to work in an organised and methodical manner and ability to manage own workload.
- Proven ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Good IT skills using a variety of packages to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Case Management System.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Olivia on or email .
- Previous relevant experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job