Medical Doctors Clinic Receptionist Administrator Cheriton
RSFL are seeking an Experienced Medical Receptionist Administrator to join a small and busy practice based in Cheriton on a temporary to permanent basis. It is essential for this position that you have a good work ethic, 2+ Years NHS or Medical Reception Experience.
Hours: 15 hours per week in 5 hour shifts from Monday to Friday 8 am to 6.30 pm
Pay: Weekly pay £8.00 per hour
All About The Role!
- Manage the appointments and visits in line with agreed policies
- Deal with complex enquiries from patients
- Have a clear understanding of the telephone system, both daytime and out-of-hours
- Monitor and report telephone call handling and pre-screen patients to provide best care solutions
- Ensure notice board and patient information is current, tidy and well stocked
- Making appointments both on the telephone and in person
- Giving general health advice
- Receiving patients and dealing with their requests
- Record requests for home visits / General filing
- Informing patients of pathology results / Dealing with prescription requests
- Arranging ambulance bookings / Telephoning hospitals
- Have full understanding of appointment, pathology systems
- Have a working knowledge of EMIS Web
- Action EMIS and NHS net emails
- The post-holder will assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the Practice Health & Safety Policy, to include: Acting in a way that recognises the importance of people’s rights, interpreting them in a way that is consistent with Practice procedures and policies, and current legislation. Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues.
- Behaving in a manner which is welcoming to and of the individual, is non-judgmental and respects their circumstances, feelings priorities and rights.
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance.
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient’s needs.
Can you tick off all these skills and attributes?
2+ Years Medical GP Surgery Experience, EMIS experience, Multi-tasking, Flexibility, Medical terminology experience, ideally audio typing and dictation skills, DBS Check, Telephone Skills, Customer Service, Time Management, Organisation, Attention to Detail, Scheduling, Word Processing , Flexibility Professionalism, Quality Focus, Empathy, IT Skills, Work under Pressure, Subject to DBS Checks, Adhere to Codes of Contact
If so then please send in your CV today as we have an immediate start for the right candidate subject to DBS Checks.
- Medical Records
- Telephone Reception
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job