Medical Device Field Service Engineer
Location: Midlands, covering Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Birmingham
Salary: £25 - 32K + bonuses
This is a great opportunity for you to further your career in a small, friendly but leading electronic medical products company
This is a field based permanent position covering the Midlands area. Travel outside of the Midlands will be on an “as required” basis and includes visits to the Planer site in Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex. Occasional oversees travel may also be required. A competitive salary is on offer for this role (plus bonus scheme, company car, insurance/healthcare, pension etc.) depending on experience and successful completion of a probationary period.
About our client:
Our client is an SME engineering company specialising in the R&D and manufacture of equipment that ensures accurate control of temperature and associated parameters to help customers achieve their scientific breakthroughs in biology, medicine and industry. Over the last forty years they have pioneered the development and use of many controlled temperature products as well as equipment and sensors for monitoring and logging of key lab parameters. They have also assisted their customers in managing their processes, records and data. They also hold a number of patents. Their company is approved and assessed to the demanding standards of medical device manufacture: ISO13485:2012, 93/42/EEC Medical Devices Directive and ISO 9001:2008.
Due to an upcoming retirement, they are looking to recruit an outstanding person to strengthen their Technical Services Department. The Technical Services team is responsible for all after sales customer support and assists with many Sales activities such as attending site surveys and trade shows. The successful applicant will report to the Technical Services Manager.
Responsibilities of the Medical Device Field Service Engineer include:
- Responding to Customer Calls/Emails
- Organising and undertaking Site Visits
- Fault Finding and Repair of Planer Equipment
- Routine Maintenance and Calibration
- Surveying and Installation for Planer Systems
- Generating customer quotations, Obtaining Customer Purchase Orders
- Administration - Visit Reports, Contract Maintenance etc.
- Product Training for Customers/Distributors
Requirements of the Medical Device Field Service Engineer:
- “Hands On” Engineering/Technical Background
- Experience of Fault Finding using reasoning and diagnostic skills
- Experience of dealing with customers, both face to face and via telephone/email
- An understanding of IT infrastructure (IP Addresses)
- Strong Customer focus
- Excellent Spoken and Written English
- Good time management skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Full Clean UK/EU Driving Licence
- Ideally experience of supporting Medical Devices
- A flexible approach to work (occasional out of hours work will be required)
- Must live within the Midlands area and be willing to spend some of the first few months in Sunbury during product training. (Full product training will be provided).
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this Medical Device Field Service Engineer role then please apply now!