Medical Claims Assessor (partially home based) - leading blue chip insurer
A great opportunity for an experienced Claims handler has arisen within a major blue chip Insurance company within their Group Risk division. The role is varied and will involve assessing a range of corporate scheme claims and duties will include:
- Assessing Group Protection claims and collecting the necessary medical evidence
- Investigating cases that fall outside of normal claims criteria
- Using medical evidence decide whether a claim should be authorised or declined
- Build strong relationships with EBC's, IFA's and claimants to ensure a smooth claims process
- Authorise payments up to designated authority
- Propose back to work / rehabilitation plans
- Provide data on schemes so that trends can be identified
- Investigate suspect claims by requesting additional medical evidence
Applicants must have some form of claims experience ideally from a Group Risk, Medical, Travel or Personal Injury background along with strong communication skills. You must be able to make reasonable claims decisions based on evidence and provide a consistently high level of service to a wide range of clients. A good understanding of medical conditions will be advantageous.
This is a great opportunity to join a major blue chip company in a highly successful part of their business. The role can be partially home based with regular visits to the office and offers a great working environment and a generous benefits and remuneration package.
- Claims Management
- Critical Illness
- Claims Investigations
- Income Protection
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'