Medical Affairs Manager/Lead, Diabetes
CVRM Business Unit
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people, and we’ll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As a Medical Affairs Manager/Lead in the CVRM Business Unit, you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Luton is home to our UK Marketing Company (UKMC), responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you’ll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca’s corporate functions and our European and International regions’ sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
The Medical Affairs Lead's responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Medical input to business strategic and operational planning for defined therapy area and/or defined brands, including development of Brand Medical plans
- Lead delivery of clinical insight, customer focus and clinical governance into commercial objectives
- Deliver TA/Brand objectives as outlined in Brand Medical Plans
- Develop and deliver pre-launch and peri-launch medical plans and activities
- Develop and lead a TA aligned Medical Affairs team
- Lead Medical Nom Signatory approvals for TA/Brand
- Act to ensure GCP requirements are fully complied with and in line with the local Quality Management System (QMS) SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards
To be considered for this position, we need someone that has the following:
- Track record of leadership across the medico-marketing interface
- Prior experience in a Medical Affairs role – ideally within Diabetes
- Proven expertise in the ABPI Code of Practice
- Extensive patient and customer insight through experience of working with the NHS
- Proven ability to interact with external customers
- Evidence of effective team working and accountability
- It is mandatory for the performance of this role to hold or successfully acquire Nominated Signatory status
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (General Pharmaceutical Council)
- Technical expertise in the Diabetes therapy area
- Extensive experience of the pharmaceutical industry
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'