Our client is an agency group with a clear strategy to future proof clients business and agency craft in an ever changing world through the vision of creating meaningful and positive legacy in culture and society; they believe in a and love what we do.
They have an extremely exciting working culture which is rigorous creativity where people are always learning and motivated by seeing their work achieve brilliance.
With a start up culture, they question everything and invest in creation of great work. They believe that a strong brand and a strong bottom line go hand in hand. Clients should feel that they are trusted strategic partners, fully transparent, providing a vision to help them navigate change, agility to evolve, ingenuity and creativity to help them win through a team of highly capable, motivated specialists.
This is an exciting Strategy Director opportunity, working within the newly formed Media Strategy Group.
The purpose of the Strategy team is to lead, challenge and support all of clients.
You must be connected to their business strategy and business deliverables - that’s primarily why this team exists with a remit to grow the client business and to achieve this, they need to build brands that are meaningful, are a force for good in people’s lives and in the world.
To establish this through data fuelled understanding and cultural human experience delivering organic communication strategies where owned channels and content comes first ie working in harmony with our audiences.
• Key strategic lead across a number of clients, maintaining a strong working relationship with senior clients and agency stakeholders.
• To lead strategic thinking and delivery on new business efforts.
• You will be working with Marketing Director / CMO level within the client’s organisation and will be setting the vision and agenda for the client and work with the day to day planning teams to develop a clear strategic roadmap.
• You will work with the client to get to grips with the clients real business problems (even without a well-articulated brief) and propose an interesting strategy and route forward.
• Being a leader and advocate of the proposition, applying this to an organic marketing approach that connects data to content and puts owned channel first
• To be competent in insights, data sources and content strategy development.
• They want someone able to spot 'big communications ideas’ that deliver for the strategy and develop a route map to achieve these, to steer and connect with the creative and entertainment partners.
• Being a 'thought leader’, both within the agency and across the industry.
• To ensure the work is being recognized in Awards.
• To be a champion of developing a planning culture, they are the connector between data and creativity and as such it’s vital we create meaningful and directional strategies and briefs.
Who we’re looking for:
• Although we don’t need you to be from a media agency you need to show a strong comprehension of how media 'works’ ie as a behavioural connection/ experience with audiences.
• Ability to identify the problem before rushing in. To have a strong informed and intuitive point of view quickly
• A 'grown up’ with passion for the work over ownership of it
• Curiosity and common sense - your role is not to be the clever person in the room but the stupid one, asking the naive questions others feel unable to is often how you unlock truths. You have a duty to remain living in the real world and not to get lost in ad land.
• To display empathy with consumer - it is the agencies job to be the consumer in the room and to respect and look after them.
• Good writing and story telling skills - someone that can see the thread or thought in a body of work
• Lateral thinkers, who can see creative potential solutions in the world around them not in rigid media siloes.
• Presence - people who are genuine, honest and open but that can bring gravitas, energy and personality to a room - a person that people can trust and believe in and be inspired by.
• A self-reliant player who can be trusted to deliver to a high standard, simply, comprehensively and within deadlines and showing organizational ability, balance big picture with eye for detail and ability to ensure the team ticks all the boxes
- Media Planning
- Content Strategy
- Strategic Thinking